Synergy Radiology Supports Mental health awareness.
Make sure you ask your loved ones, R U OK?
Suicide is the number one cause of death for Australians aged between 15 and 44,
with around eight people a day taking their own lives.
See below on how too help ask R U OK?
1. ASK R U OK?
- Be relaxed, friendly and concerned in your approach.
- Help them open up by asking questions like “How are you going?” or “What’s been happening?
- Mention specific things that have made you concerned for them, like “You seem less chatty than usual.
How are you going?”
If they push back
- If they don’t want to talk, don’t criticise them.
- Tell them you’re still concerned about changes in their behaviour and you care about them.
- Avoid a confrontation.
- You could say: “Please call me if you ever want to chat” or “Is there someone else you’d rather talk to?”